FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
BOSA is a short form for Back Office Services, which basically stands for savings account services. This is an account that one opens and becomes a member of the society
FOSA (Front Office Services Activities) This is a section within our operations department through which members can open and operate FOSA savings accounts and get loan facilities.
You need to be an active member for at least 3 months to be eligible for a loan. The loan amount will be three times your savings.
One is required to fill in a FOSA Account Opening form, attached with a copy of your National ID card, or Passport number, and two colored passport photos
Yes, that is allowed and does not attract early clearance charge whatsoever.
- Deposits in the SACCO
- Bank guarantees
- Corporate guarantee
- Share certificates
- Endowment Insurance policies
Any active member in good standing is allowed to be a guarantor provided that one has not over guaranteed.A guarantor must be willing and able to repay the loan guaranteed if the loanees fails to pay.
Guarantors are jointly (together) and severally (individually) liable for the repayment of a loan in the event of the borrower’s default.
- The right to obtain a copy of the letter of guarantee or contract of guarantee and any other documents in relation to the loan transaction
- The right to the information on the outstanding balance of the account of the borrower with the Society subject to the borrowers consent.
- The right to call upon the borrower to pay off the loan to release him from all his liabilities under the guarantee. This right can be exercised at anytime and even before the Society has called upon the borrower to pay the debt.
- The right to be indemnified by the borrower for any payment made to the Society. This means that he can sue the borrower for the amount that he has paid to the Sacco.
- Loan amount
- Repayment period
- Applicant source of income
- Applicants term of employment
- Applicants contact details
- Any other details relating to the applicants character
Interests on loans are reviewed from time to time by the BOD on recommendation of Management.
Any amendments on interest will affect new applications only.
Yes by communicating the same in writing
- The amount representing a member’s portion in the equity of the society as a co-owner.
- No member other than a Cooperative Society shall hold more than one-fifth (1/5) of the total shares
- Shares are not used to determine the eligibility of a borrower or a guarantor.
- Shares are not withdraw able but are transferable.
A loan application must be done in writing on prescribed forms which must be fully filled. The applicant must attach all relevant documents. Alteration will not be allowed.